Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Years

New Years in Colombo was a grand affair and I went with my friends to one of the poshest parties in town at the Galle Face Hotel. Tickets that originally sold for 5,000 rs were being scalped on New Years Eve for 15,000 rs! I got all dressed up, met up with my friends and headed to the party around 11.

There were no drinks included in the cost so we had brought some drinks from home and kept them at out table. I didn’t have more than one or two because more would have ensured I fell asleep by one. It was a fun time, the hotel pavilion was near the ocean and we could look out at the sea as well as hear the waves crashing on the beach. The who’s who of Colombo were there, dressed to the nines and looking to have a good time. Midnight came and went, there was a Sri Lankan breakfast buffet, nice music, good friends, all the ingredients for a good time but somehow my heart wasn’t in it. Sometimes the magic just isn’t there. I had a nice time but I missed my family and friends a lot.

No comments: